Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Monday, July 17, 2006

New York, New York

Hello !!!! I know that it has been a few days after our New York visit that I decided to post this, but with all of the activities and different things we are all doing, this has been my first chance to get to a computer.New York City...... Wow !!!!! What an experience. We got to Long Island late on Saturday, Then after Sunday Worship, the mission trip all took a trip to New York City. We took a train from Norwalk to Grand Central Station. Then got on the Subway to Wall Street. From there we got on another Subway and traveled to Battery Park. We took pictures of the Statue of Liberty and then went to "Ground Zero". You would not believe how quiet and solemn everyone was in respect of this tragic area. Hundreds of people just showing thier respect for the people of 9-11. It was a chilling experience, yet just in awe of what had happened at this memorial.From there we went to Times Square where we were all overwhelmed with all of the skyscrapers and multitudes of people. We ate dinner there at "Virgils" on Times Square. It is a BBQ restaurant that Tammie and I really couldn't afford, but one of our host families got the tab. God bless Nancy and Mark.After dinner, we all split up into different groups and went where we wanted to at times square. Tammie, Nick and I visited "Hard Rock Cafe", "MTV store" ( and this was the location that they always do "TRL") ESPN ZONE, Nick and I could have spent forever here. Large screens were everywhere showing any and every game going on around the nation. Could you imagine how we would act during football season or March Madness!!!!!! We would never come home. Luckily it's only baseball season and neither of us like baseball very much.To top things off for the day. While we were riding the subway, I noticed some gentlemen riding on the subway that sounded like they were from the south. and they were carrying some bibles. So I just opened up a conversation with them by asking where they were from.Well they were from Alabama, and they were going to Cemenary School in New York. What the shocker was though, when I told them where I was from, one of the guys asked me if I knew a certain person's name. Well I didn't know the person he said, but I named his cousin, who, not only did I work with a short time, but his wife babysitted both of my children while they grew up. What a small world we live in...... Anyhow..... So many things I could write about New York that would fill up a book. What a wonderful experience, except Nick lossing his cell phone on the train. That was a bummer.
posted by Kevin Stoxe at 10:49 AM

1 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2006, Blogger Lou Arnold said…

    Sounds like you all had a great time. I really like the train ministry that you talked about at church. What an awesome way to reach out to God.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home