Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Golembeski's

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Golembeski's I can't even begin to describe how great this whole experience has been. From the accommodations of members of Northeast to just the whole experience of VBS and prayer booths at the train station. Me, Tammie, Nick and Brandy are all staying at Walt and Vikki's castle. What a magnificent home they have. They have two sons and two daughters. The oldest son (Ryan) I only have met a couple of times in passing. Evidently he has a job or something in probably New York that has consumed most of his time. He is the oldest of the four. Then there are two twin daughters ( Lauren and Kristen ) they are 20 and both home for the summer from college. Lauren goes to college in Michigan, I can't remember the name of the college. This girl has made a life long impression on me. What a wonderful instrument for the Lord. Her heart is made of Golden love for the Lord. When the Lord commands us to Love the Lord with all your heart and Love your neighbor as yourself, she is the perfect example for this commandment. Her devotion to the Lord speaks for itself. Kristen goes to Boston U. I really haven't gotten to know her as well as I have Lauren, but just from the short time that I have spent with her, I can tell that she is full of the Lord herself. She has been so nice and so sweet to us. Jonathan, what can I say about him..... He is 15, and him and Nick has formed a great bonding. I have probably spent most of the time with him and his friends, hanging out in the basement, which is actually Brandy's apartment for the week. In the basement it's like a huge teen center with a pool table, ping-pong table, fooz-ball, air hockey, a weight room/exercise room, a bar and a wine cellar ( of course the teens don't utilize this) What a great kid he is, and great friends !!!!!!! Him and I are the doubles pool champs as it stands. Vikki ( the mother ), has been so hospitable to us, from washing our clothes to making snacks and cleaning up after us, and still having plenty of time to fellowship and visit with us. Probably the perfect mother. So sweet and full of love and generosity. Walt, ( the father), a perfect example and leader for Christ. Anything that we have needed, both Walt and Vikki has been right there to make it happen. What patience both of them have had with us. Especially me. Somehow or another, on Wednesday, the bathroom in the bedroom that Tammie and I are sleeping in, kept running (all day!!!!) and of course, it overflowed and there was a leak in the garage. I felt so bad, but they acted like it was nothing. This all happened on Walt and Vikki's 31st wedding anniversary. What a great couple. To reach out to a family such as ours and love on us the way that they have. They are truly blessed and will continue to be blessed. God is smiling down on their family I am sure, thinking, this family is doing my will and I will continue to bless them for who they are and who they represent. If they ever read this blog, I just want to say.....Thank You!!!!!!!
posted by Kevin Stoxe at 12:13 PM

2 Comments:

  • At 7/19/2006, Blogger Mandy said…

    Hey Kevin! Wow it sounds like you had an amazing family to stay with! I'm sure the leak was no big deal... nothing is a big deal if there is a wine cellar in your basement ;)

     
  • At 7/21/2006, Blogger Diana Harton said…

    Glad you guys had such a great trip. Welcome Home!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home