Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jesus, as the Common Denominator-Revival pt.II

After days of praying, and searching for knowledge and wisdom from God on the topic of “speaking in tongues”, the Lord has revealed to me a glimpse into His master plan. My devotion this morning was in Romans 14. Basically, to sum up the chapter and the interpretation that I soaked in was something that I already have touched base on time and time again. As long as our common denominator is Jesus Christ, and we don’t stray from the basic doctrine of the bible, what we feel pleases God in our hearts is not for another brother in Christ to pass judgment on or condemn.

Romans 14:5 states this:

5) One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6) He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7) For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8) If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9) For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

We can argue all day about different interpretations from different denominations and not get anywhere except possibly one brother in Christ mad at another brother in Christ, or one brother in Christ offended by the other. The word makes it clear here in Romans to respect the different ways of worship that one would find pleasing to God.

Romans 14:10-12 boldly tells us not to judge our brother for their beliefs.

10) You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11) It is written:”‘As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "12) So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.


Romans continues on through verse 13 to not be a stumbling block in your brother’s way.

13) Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

The subject of this chapter touches base on eating, but it covers everything that is pleasing to God.
In verse 14, Paul states that “if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.” Therefore, respect what your brother finds as unclean and what is worshipful and pleasing to God. In the same manner, he should respect what you also find as worshipful or pleasing to God. For if you judge your brother for something that he so whole-heartily finds worshipful to God, then you have possibly distressed him and you are no longer acting in love, and condemning someone who Christ died for.

Romans 14:14-18
14) As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15) If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16) Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17) For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18) because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.


To sum up the chapter, Paul isn’t telling us to change our beliefs to suit another. He tells us in the final verses that whatever we believe about these things, to keep it between yourself and God.

Romans 14:19-23
19) Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20) Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21) It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall. 22) So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23) But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.


With that I say this,
Heavenly Father forgive me for condemning or questioning an act of worship that was pleasing to both You and to my brother in Christ. It’s not for me to judge an act that is not understandable or what I might not find as important to me as it is to my brother in Christ. Help me Lord to worship you with sincerity and love that is pleasing to you. Thank You Lord for giving me the wisdom and knowledge that I have requested from you. Sometimes, it’s not the answers that I am looking for, but it is always the answers that you want me to receive. Thank you for your patience in me of such a hard-headed simple minded creature that I am, but what a Man of God I could be if I followed your directions and blessings the way I should. Continue to correct me in situations such as this when I am wrong. Help me to be humble and the will to mentor in a way that is helpful to others when I am right. Allow me to correct, rebuke and accept correction all with love. Thank You Lord for your steadfastness.
In Jesus name, Amen.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/19/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kevin, I found your blog. It's clear that you have found peace with the questions that came from the revival.

    The way you and I pursue God, worship God and communicate with God is our greatest privilege. It is as well our greatest responsibility. We MUST defend this freedom.

    I refuse to allow satan to distract me with quibbling over methodology as long as Jesus Christ is being proclaimed and glorified. You know, he really don't care if we go to church, sing worship songs, give to the hungry or even get our little fish tattoos. The only thing that bothers him is our relationship with God. THAT, however, is bought, paid for and sacred so he can't touch it in Jesus name!

    We love you and your family. We hope to see you real soon.

     
  • At 2/06/2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
    to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=yahoo zidian ?
    I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

     
  • At 3/16/2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://lumerkoz.edu Give somebody the to a site about the [url="http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-zyrtec"]zyrtec[/url] formalised documentftaa [url="http://soundcloud.com/amaryl"]amaryl side effects[/url] defect [url="http://soundcloud.com/zolpidem"]zolpidem side effects[/url] trumbull quilicura [url="http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-prilosec"]prilosec side effects[/url] plansthe boroscope [url="http://soundcloud.com/effexor"]effexor[/url] seeleya cityappendix

     

Post a Comment

<< Home