Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Public Humiliation: Please Forgive Me

James 5:19-20
19) My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20) remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

Through sleepless nights of conviction, God has finally made me realize my path to destruction. I’m probably writing my own resignation to the Praise Band that I so dearly love to play music with. Some of them may feel offended from the words that I am about to say, along with the passage above, but keep in mind, that passage also applies to me.
Friday night was a nightmare for the Praise Band from Journey Church. We had good intentions, but our actions showed nothing as far as how Christians should act. God made sure that He cut off the branches that night that did not produce the fruit that He has so carefully planted.
I’m not going to go into any detail of how we acted, but it was obvious where our heart was during the duration of the concert. You know, it’s OK to have fun, but not at others expense. And on top of that, we did not pray before we went on stage. An important step that leads to the Worship of God. Not only did God cut short our performance, but the four songs that we played were disastrous. He made sure that we got the “Spotlight” that we so deserved.
I don’t know about the rest of the Praise Band, but I want to publicly apologize to the other Worship teams who performed that night, “who in fact was dead on with solid performances”. I also want to apologize to the Vera Lloyd Presbyterian Home for our conduct. If in fact, any member of the Journey Church Praise Band finds this letter offensive, I think that they should ask for wisdom and knowledge through a study of the book of James, then listen to the song by Casting Crowns, “If We Are The Body” and then look long and hard in the mirror. If you still find this offensive, then I will take the burden alone.

Heavenly Father,

Please forgive me for my actions. Thank You for reminding me of what Worship is all about. You have taught me this over and over again, and I should know better by now. My actions were childish. My heart was engrossed with sin. Please save me from my wicked ways, and direct me toward Your Glory. Where I can Worship You in Honor. I wandered from the truth Friday night, and You, through Your punishment and conviction, brought me back and saved me. Thank You Lord for always reminding me that All of the Glory belongs to You.
In Jesus Christ Name I Pray.
AMEN

Kevin Stokes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home