Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A TIME TO MOURN

A good man died yesterday. A Great Friend and Brother In Christ. Daymond Jackson.

Throughout your lifetime, you make many friends. They come and go, some are forgotten, yet some you make a special bond with that you carry in your heart for the rest of your life. These relationships one would title as "BEST FRIEND." I only have a handful of this elite title. Daymond Jackson was one of them. I was a better man by knowing him.
I only met him just a few short years ago, when I started working at Federal Mogul, but our friendship excavated quickly into a great bond. My normal routine work day would have me crossing paths with Daymond several times throughout the day. It was always a pleasure crossing paths with Daymond. He was always happy to see me, no matter what kind of day he was having. Daymond was a very hard worker, one of the hardest workers on the floor there at Federal Mogul. Federal Mogul lost a valuable asset to the company.
I made a statement in one of my most resent blogs pertaining to how I cry more than the average man. Well...... Of course, when I heard of Daymond's death, it broke my heart. For some reason, a scripture came to my mind when I was crying for Daymond. "Matthew 14:13." Leading up to this verse, John the Baptist was beheaded by King Herod, and upon hearing this from John's disciples, Jesus withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place.
Now the bible don't just come out and say that Jesus cried for John, (or at least in the NIV it doesn't), but I can't help but think, during His solitude, He was mourning for John.
You never know how much time on this earth you have. A little over a week ago, Daymond tried to get in touch with me. I was at my new job in Camden, so he left a message with Tammie for me to contact him when I get in on the weekend. He just wanted to see how things were going with me. I only tried once to return the call, and nobody was home, and I didn't ever try again. I hate it that I didn't follow through with that returned call and talk with him before he left this world. From what I understand, Friday he was admitted into the hospital with, I believe, heart complications, and he died sometime Saturday.

Daymond Jackson, what a great friend you were to me. You will be extremely missed.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/08/2007, Blogger dean said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1/08/2007, Blogger dean said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1/08/2007, Blogger dean said…

    kevin...

    i'm really sorry about your loss. these things do make us stop and think though about how often we take those closest to us for granted sometimes.

    i remember when my dad died several years ago. every year of my adult life, my parents would send me a birthday card with $100, and that particular year, it arrived 2 days before my birthday. i started to call and thank them, but decided to wait and call them on my birthday. early on the morning of my birthday, my brother called and told me that dad died during the early morning hours. i squandered my opprotunity to talk to my dad one last time. that, coupled with the fact that he died on my birthday has been a stark reminder to always try and make the most of every encounter i have with those that are nearest and dearest to me. i'm thankful that the last time i DID talk to my dad we had a great visit. i'll be praying for your friend's family, and for you as well. God bless... dean

     

Post a Comment

<< Home