Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Monday, September 04, 2006

Did Arkansas Fans get blindsided?

50-14. Final Score.....For those of you out there that seem to think that us Arkansas fans are stupid to keep following such a loser of a team, let me chime in with some things.... Some of you guys, especially the ones who aren't from Arkansas are sitting back and laughing at us "Faithful Hog Fans" in pity, and then you don't understand why that doesn't bother us when we get right back on the band wagon of Calling the Hogs. You can't seem to figure out why do we take up for a team that just lost to USC on national TV embarrassingly 50-14. Or even a more embarrassing loss last year 70-17. Why you ask?????? Because I am not from USC. or Texas or Florida, or anywhere else. I was born and raised in Arkansas. The USA basketball this past weekend just lost to Greece and had to settle for the Bronze medal. This is a team that should be whipping everyone they play by 30 points or more, yet they didn't. Do I denounce my membership from the United States just because they can't win something? WOW!!!!! Where would we be today if we did that on every defeat?
The fact is, I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be an Arkansan. I am proud to be a Monticelloian. I will continue to back, America, Arkansas, Monticello High School and UAM. I back even Arkansas State even though I have only been to that city once in my lifetime. Just because they are a division 1 school representing the state of Arkansas.
Yes I agree that us "Hog Fans" get a little unrealistic at times. However, in our defense, there were several national media sports reporters that were claiming that the Razorbacks were going to upset USC on Saturday, including Lou Holtz himself. It's always safe to predict an upset. Because sometimes they happen. USC had more to lose from a defeat than Arkansas did. Did our loss prove you pessimist wrong? Absolutely not!!! USC was preseasoned ranked #3. Coming off an undefeated season only losing to Texas in the Rose Bowl. In fact, they haven't had a regular season loss in almost four years. They were suppose to win.
Ronny Williams will be going into work tomorrow to tell all of his employees "I told you so", and laughing at their ignorance on why they love the Hogs so much, just to find out, that no matter what he says, they will still love the Hogs. Sorry Ronny, you are out numbered. You would get the same result if you were the General Manager in any other state. For instance, A Cowboy fan will follow the Cowboys through 1-15 seasons.
What is our reward for our faithfulness to our beloved team? Really nothing.... It could go on for years and years of non-winning seasons. My reward is the fellowship of other football fans. Tailgating, parties, get togethers......Grilling, Barbecues.......Cheerleaders, whoops....sorry Tammie.......The crisp cool air on my face. It's football season, and I love it !!!!!!! Even you Arkansas fair weather fans ( who should be ashamed of yourselves) (Jeff) , love the whole concept of "FOOTBALL SEASON". The reason I say that you fair weather fans should be ashamed of yourselves is because, you claim you are done with Arkansas Football, but when Arkansas has a good season, you jump right back on the band-wagon. I need to get off of the "Fair Weather Fans" now, because I could get really nasty.
As far as Houston Nutt is concerned.....well....maybe he should go... I don't know.... I do know this though...... With leadership comes a hard job..... Ask anyone in a leadership position. Moms and Dads, Principiles, Pastors........ or.......George Bush..... A great example. There are some of us that would love to see George Bush resign. However, he is our leader....... Wheather we like him or not, we still live in the greatest country in the world. Bush is loved by some and hated by others......Ditto for Bill Clinton......... Yet they were leaders for the same goal......... Our beloved Country............... I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter who is in the leadership position, no matter what he does, he will not do everything right.. He will..... Step on some toes...... Insult some people...... Be unliked and liked all in the same.... Nolen Richardson gave Arkansas a National Championship, yet we couldn't wait to get rid of him..... Need I say more????? Moving on.....
Monticello goes to play Warren this Friday night. What are their chances of winning ? Slim and none. Does that make me a Lumberjack fan? Heck no!!!!!! I wish that Monticello would clobber them........ But the reality is that Warren is too good. However, there is always a chance... That's why they play the game. If games were decided by who should win, then they would never play. Should I pull for Warren knowing in advance that we shouldn't win? Of course not !!!! Go Billies, Beat Warren.....
If your children played on a little league football, baseball or any sports team, and they never won a game, you would not turn your back on them. Everyone wants to be on a winning team. I say you're a winner if you have something to believe in. You can't take that feeling away from the ones who love their team, and get pumped year after year about the upcoming season.
Again.... I am pumped about the upcoming Football Season...... I love it and will never give up on the Razorbacks...... I get excited about college and pro football. Florida State plays Miami, Florida tonight, and even though I don't care who wins, It will be like watching a great movie in my book.
To those fair weather fans.......Shame on You....
To those Razorback fans........Whooooo Pig Suie!!!!!!!!!!
To those Football fans.........."ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

8 Comments:

  • At 9/04/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kev, the tooth is healed, lay off the pain meds! Love ya, Rick

     
  • At 9/04/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    hey Rick !!! The bad thing about it is.... My tooth isn't healed.... I think I will get it pulled tomorrow..... I am hurting !!!!!

     
  • At 9/04/2006, Blogger Mark W. said…

    Hmmm...comparing Nutt to presidents? The trouble with Clinton (super short version) was that he was in it more for himself than for the final, long-term product. The trouble with Bush is that he is so much in it for the long-term that he is willing to sacrifice himself in the process. Unfortuntely, Nutt is more like Clinton.

     
  • At 9/04/2006, Blogger Tammie S. said…

    Kevin I DO read your blogs and I always suspected you watched the cheerleaders. You better watch yourself and don't start cheering for them or you WILL be in trouble. Just warning you. GO HOGS!!

     
  • At 9/04/2006, Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said…

    this has absolutely nothing to do with your post :). . .i know NOTHING about hand. . .i mean elbow. . .oh, yeah foot ball, right? neway, forgot all about the whole ring episode! new reason to praise god, for the second time! he's so good to me! thanks for remembering!

     
  • At 9/05/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    Jeff,
    Yes we do expect more.... That's why you hear us venting about them. What can we do about it though? As in most cases...Vent....When we want a new president, we vent....Then vote every 4 years....Our complaining doesn't fall on deaf ears, changes happen... IE. New Offensive coach this year. Or new president every four years. However, sometimes new changes are for the worse...Hince, more to vent about...Will there ever be a time when everyone is happy with all leaders in any position??
    Mark,
    It's easy for me to say.....
    "Spoken by a true republican." I agree with you about Clinton, on In it only for himself. I actually think that applies to Bush also. To me just about any politician. The money that is given to these people is outrageous. Let me just quote the greatest person in the universe by saying, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)
    As far as Nutt is concerned, I don't know.... I like him, yet I don't...I disagree with you on your chime of in it for himself. I think that's completly the opposite. I would like to see him stay. So I am hoping that the changes he made in the off season will pay off this year. So far he is 0-1. But the year isn't over yet.
    Brandy,
    Thanks for leaving a post!!!!! The ring episode was AWESOME!!!!! Some people here don't know what we are talking about though, maybe you ought to blog about it.. I would, but I only know the ending. Also, my blogs aren't just about Football, just this one was...Even still, you don't have to know anything about the topic at hand to post.....We are all having fun here!!!!!

     
  • At 9/05/2006, Blogger Tammie S. said…

    Hey what about an answer to my post? What am I: chopped liver???????????????????????????

    Love ya

     
  • At 9/05/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    Tammie,
    you're the only Cheerliver in my life. I love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home