Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My life compared to Job's

This morning's devotion, God lead me to the book of Job. Let me just say, I am not a reader. God knows my heart, and knows my wisdom, and knows that anything more than a chapter at a time to read for me, I lose interest quickly. However, He still placed this at my feet this morning. I have read 22 Chapters of this (so far) depressing book in the Old Testiment.
Old Testiment: Defined by me : Yet more reading that most of the time, I don't understand, and therefore, lose interest quickly.
I have read this book before, and as defined above, it didn't soak in. Go figure..... For the life of me, I can't remember how this book ended. So far, I find myself even more depressed than I was before I started this book. I had to take a break......I am worn out from depression, so much so, that the only way I can feel better is to write about it. I'm not sure that I want to finish this book today, in fear of how it might turn out. It just gets worse and worse.
Job, a blameless man before God, is going through torture beyond the unknown. Even though I have titled this blog "My life compared to Job's", there is no way my life even comes close to his. and I am not blameless. I am a sinner among the best of them. On top of that, I have blamed God for my misfortunes, so what are my chances compared to Job's?
Anyhow, I know there is a great leason in the midst of all of this...........Until later....Chow!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    OK....I know I was feeling sorry for myself earlier... Sorry for that.... I have not read the rest of Job yet, I am going to finish it tomorrow morning.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home