Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Sunday, October 01, 2006

TEST THE SPIRITS

Here I am, In extreme Northeast Virginia, typing on a mac. (Jeff, I don't know how you do it) It will probably take me two hours to write this. Anyhow........I'm stepping out in faith that God will provide. My stomach is churning, I'm scared, and having anxiety attacks. Here's the only thing that is keeping me together. God is with me.
I walked out the front door of my house and got into my car to begin my journey, when I realized that I haven't done my devotional that morning yet. What an idiot, I thought to myself, how do I expect to succeed without talking to God about what is going on in my life for that day. Yes He knows already, but He desires me, He EXPECTS me to bring it all to Him everyday. Whatever it is. I get out of my car, and go back inside to do my devotion for that morning, and here is what He had in store for me that morning.

1 John 4:1-6
1) Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2) This is how you can recongize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3) but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 4) You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5) They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6) We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

I feel like Abraham going on his long journeys. Staying with other kings in their kingdoms. Not really having a kingdom of my own right now, but having faith that God will reward me with a kingdom. Even if I never achieve another kingdom here on earth, I know that I am promised to reside in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Here I am, right smack dab in the middle of the world. I keep holding on to these two facts from God. #1) verse 4 says that "the one who is in me is greater than the one who is in the world," As I face the world, I always need to remind myself of that. That when I face evil in the eye, The Spirit of God will not let me back down, because what is in me is greater than what I face. and #2) Matthew 7:7 - Ask, Seek, knock.......... I have got to have faith that God wants to see me happy, and therefore, when I ask Him for things, He will provide them. But patience is a thorn in my side. I want everything to be great right now. I'm just a young child, hyper and ready to open all of my Christmas presents all at once. But I must wait for the right time. God's plan is just, and fool-proof.

Guys, I promise there are some fun blogs coming from my direction in the future. But for now.... God Bless.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/01/2006, Blogger dean said…

    hey kev!
    i know this is a whole new thing for you, but i'm really excited about what God has for you. when i was a kid i hated thethought of moving (in 3rd grade i moved 9 whole blocks and didnt even change schools and i was traumatized!). in my senior year of high school i moved again... from NJ to MS and i hated that too. but as an adult, i've come to find a whole new sense of adventure, and moving has become kind of exciting (although i dont move for the thrill of moving, when God moves us, i have a great sense of awe at what lies ahead). these are exciting times, and i know you're gonna do great there. we'll miss you here, but God has this new thing for you, and who can argue with that? you're in our prayers big guy, and looking forward to the fun posts to come!

     
  • At 10/01/2006, Blogger Tammie S. said…

    Hey Honey-
    That was a great post as usual. I always get something that makes me think out of your posts. We miss you, but we will survive. Nick is being the man and mowing the yard as I type. Please BE STRONG and depend on God and not yourself. Look at this as an adventure the way Dean says. I LOVE YOU!!!

     
  • At 10/02/2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Saddle up your horses,
    we got a trail to blaze
    Through the wild blue yonder
    of God's Amazing Grace...

    Words of an incredible song ring so true... Hang on and enjoy the ride of a lifetime...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home