Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We made it to our destination in Virginia. Through the heavy traffic and then to add to the tough driving, rain. Almost through the whole trip in Virginia. But we made it. So what am I thankful for? As if you need a multiple choice.
Lord,
Thank you so much for delivering me and my family safely to our destination for this holiday set aside for you. I pray that when my wife and son depart Saturday morning to return home, that you steer their way, smooth and safe. This is a great worry of mine that I give to you. Take it now from me and comfort me in knowing that their trip is in your hands.
You've shown me a lot throughout my journey in the past year. Especially in the past 3 months. You have stood by my side, actually you have carried my wounded body through many storms. You never fail. You are my ultimate storm shelter. You stock it with all of the necessary supplies that I need just at the right time that I need them. I thank you for that.... As I read others stories of thankfulness, each individual has unique journeys of their thankfulness. I try to focus on people that are not as fortunate as me. Homeless, Parentless, or even family-less. What would they write in a blog about their thankfulness. How something as simple as eating a good meal today or having a warm bed to sleep in tonight would be an incredible post for their thankfulness. Even though these storms have raged for 3 months in my life, You've made sure that me and my family has not gone without a meal, or a warm bed to sleep comfortably in. I overlook that so many times, that You take care of me and my family over and over again. So many times I say a programed prayer, thanking you for things, and not feeling the thankfulness in my heart the way I should. Forgive me Lord for my ignorance.
I pray that You have a Happy Thanksgiving. That when many families share their time together, that they will say their thanks to you with sincerity.
Sincerely,
Thank You.................

2 Comments:

  • At 11/23/2006, Blogger Mark W. said…

    Glad you made it safe and sound. Happy Thanksgiving, Kevin - to you and the fam.

     
  • At 11/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had a safe journey. I'll be wishing you the best in your search for employment and the happiness of you and your family in Virginia.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home