Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Resume For The Afterlife (A two part series). Chapter 1:Cover Letter

Cover Letter

Heaven Inc.
7th Heaven Ave
Kingdom of, Heaven 01234


Dear God,

Recently, I completed a religious experience with a church in Northern California where I was given the responsibility of leading prayer for a large youth group. I am looking for the opportunity to perform in this capacity for Heaven Inc. I believe my background and experience will help me be an asset to the afterlife in a very short time.
I have also participated in hospital visitations as well as Nursing home visitations. I was given the responsibility of team prayer leader in these visits. I have served in the prayer ministry for some 23 years, and have written several opening prayers at funerals. My church skills are excellent and I am very in tune with the elders and their needs of the church. I have served in the choir and other church related programs.
I have gone on several mission trips. I have given several thousand dollars over my lifetime to many charities.
I am very interested in becoming a part of your Kingdom after I pass on. As you can see in my resume, I have attended several churches where I have worked for your Kingdom. I have even attended several Sunday night sessions as well as Wednesday nights. I tithe on a regular basis. I am honest, caring and an all around good person. I have several character witnesses that would stand on my behalf and acknowledge my credits and functions in the church. I can be reached at the address and phone number below. I'?ll be writing your office within ten days to inquire on the status of my application. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

John Doe
9999 Normal Life Street
Anywhere, USA 99444
(555) 555-5566

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home