Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Sunday, October 29, 2006

God's Country

I wrote this the other day, and somehow, it got deleted. I don't know what happened.
Anyhow. I will attempt to write it again.

This area in Virginia is so beautiful. Let me tell you about one of my latest outings. It is so beautiful, it has given me an incentive to start walking and getting some much needed exercise again. The Shenandoah River is only 1.4 miles from the house that I am staying in. So I decided to put on some warm ups, put on my walking shoes, get some bottled water, and hike to the river. The trip there was not too bad, mostly downhill. Coming back was the problem, back up the mountain. On my journey, I soaked in the luster of autumn in the old country of Virginia. The colors of the fall leaves were magnificent. I paced myself through a rainstorm of them one time or another. I saw a huge buck deer with several doe not far behind him. I took a breath of the mountain air, and it seemed to filter and purify my lungs with freshness. I passed by an old historic water mill, one that reflected some of the many paintings I've seen over my lifetime. The Shenandoah River was breath-taking. Appearing from the mountains from the west, and disappearing back into mountains to the east. Several boulders lie throughout the river that had once stood tall in the mountains. Smaller rocks in a more shallow part of the river had been strategically placed by mother nature, to allow pedestrians to cross the river to the other side. Yes, this is God's Country. Each gust of wind is full of the smell of the gracious mountains, so fresh, so pure, so clean. Everywhere I look, is a glimpse of a post-card moment. I wish the world could see through my eyes. I wish my vision could take snapshots to show the miracle of God's Country that I am seeing here.


Job Update:
I had an interview this past Monday at an industry in the area. The Human Resources Manager told me that they would select a few individuals to come back for a second interview. Even if I didn't get selected to come back, they would let me know something by Friday. Friday afternoon, she called me and wants me in on Monday for a second interview.
Also, I have another interview at a local industry on November 8. Things are looking brighter and brighter.
Keep me in your prayers.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Thanks for the picturesque walk...it was like I was actually there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home