Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sightings of the Unexplained. True Stories by Kevin Stokes.

Sighting #1 & 2:
Many years ago, our family would go to Petit Jean Mountain State Park on a regular basis and stay a couple of nights in a cabin where we would enjoy relaxation, hiking, just the joy of getting away from Monticello as a family. Several times we would take another family with us. Sandra worked with Tammie and me at Burlington on 3rd shift, and we would have a great time with her and her two children everytime that they would go with us. Most of the time we would want to try to get there just as soon as possible to start our mini-vacation. So we would leave early on a Friday morning after all three of us had worked all night at Burlington. We all would be very tired, but we knew that we could rest once we got to the cabin and checked in. Some would attribute my sighting to the fact that I was tired from working all night.
On one trip to Petit Jean, I saw two unbelievable objects. One on the way up there and one on the way back. Sandra was driving, and I was just looking out the window of the van at the scenery. Somewhere between Star City and Pine Bluff, on the East side of Highway 425, I happened to see a two headed cow among many other cows. This cow had a head at each end of her body. One head was grazing and the other head was just looking forward. It reminded me of a "“push-me pull-me" from Dr. Doolittle. About a 1000 feet after I saw this two-headed cow, I asked everyone if they just saw what I saw. Of course, they just made fun of me, and told me that I was tired and needed some sleep. I was teased about this all weekend. On the way back, I was driving. Again, somewhere between Pine Bluff and Star City, On the west side of Highway 425, I looked over and saw an alien head sticking out of a flying saucer. I slammed on my brakes, and everyone was just startled and was wondering what the heck I was doing. I explained to them, that if we had of gotten a mile down the road and I asked them if they just saw what I saw, they might have been checking me into psychiatric ward. I pointed to the spaceship and told them to look and make sure that I just wasn'’t seeing things. That was several years ago, and most people in Southeast Arkansas has seen the alien in the spaceship by now.

Sighting #3:
A few years ago I was traveling to Louisiana with a friend of mine. We were going to pick up a vehicle from a dealership for Ryburn Ford. Right before the Louisiana border, again on Highway 425 South, on the west side of the highway, David and I saw a Pterodactyl in take off. This bird was huge, bigger than any that I'’ve ever seen. It was struggling to get off the ground. It seemed like an airplane with not enough runway to take off. I just knew that he was going to crash. Now I know that this bird is extinct, but evidently there is at least one living in extreme southeast Arkansas. I had plenty of sleep from the night before, so I wasn'’t tired at all.

Sighting #4:
Not too long after the Pterodactyl sighting, several of us from Second Baptist traveled to Dallas, Texas for a Promise Keepers conference. Me, Craig, Nick and another teenager were traveling in a car all together. We had a wonderful weekend. On the way back we were traveling on Interstate 20 East in Louisiana. Craig was driving, and I was looking out the window of the car. Not far from Shreveport, on the side of the interstate, was a dead kangaroo that had been hit. Kangaroos are only found in Australia, Tasmania, and New Guinea. So what the heck was one doing on the side of the interstate in Louisiana?

Sighting #5:
My last sighting was about a year ago. I had just gotten off work from Federal Mogul and on my way home. Somewhere between Winchester and Selma in the ditch was an animal that looked to have been hit by an automobile. It had four legs and a long tail that looked like that of armadillo and his body had armor on it just like the armadillo. The tail had a pointed arrow end that reminded me of a dragons tail. The face looked like an eagles face, and also wings of an eagle. It had claws at the end of each four legs that was also of an eagle. It was wicked.


I know that all of these sound far-fetched to all of you, and I know that I will be teased about this. I don't care, My eyes have seen some incredible, unexplained things.
I have seen the cell phone commercials where someone sees "“Big Foot"” or "“The Boogyman"” and they take a picture of the creatures with their camera phones. Well, now I carry a camera phone with me, so from now on, when I see something out of the ordinary, I will have a picture of it. Wouldn't it be neat if I could have shown all of you pictures of a "two headed cow" or a "Pterodactyl?"

7 Comments:

  • At 11/06/2006, Blogger Tammie S. said…

    I just want to make it clear and let everyone know that the only thing I have seen is the alien. I really wonder about the rest of these things. But I have to state that my husband doesn't drink or take drugs, so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe he just has a wild imagination!! I still love ya, honey.

     
  • At 11/06/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    As everyone can see from my wife's patronizing, I'm just a man whose experiences in life just fall on deaf ears. I have these incredible, exciting stories of my life and I feel like people compare me with the boy who cried wolf. Such a travisty. I feel so misunderstood and alone. If only I had a camera with me during these sightings. Then who would be laughing at my pictures in "Star" or "Enquirer" or other tabloids. Tell me... Who then would have the last laugh !!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11/06/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kev. Steady old fellow. I'm not going to hurt you. Just slip on this pretty white coat and I'll help you look for these creatures. It's going to be OK.

    Get your butt back to Arkansas you've gone nuts!

    Love,
    Rick

     
  • At 11/07/2006, Blogger Mark W. said…

    Wow, Kevin! I can't believe I'm getting my comment in so late on such an awesome post.

    I'm a bit skeptical of the cow b/c it sounds to me like two cows standing side by side, providing a convincing optical illusion.

    The rest, however, are certainly the truth. You sound like a prime candidate to be interviewed by a "cryptozoologist."

    (those flying armadillos really creep me out!)

     
  • At 11/07/2006, Blogger Kevin Stoxe said…

    jeff,

    I promise, there wasn't any alcohol involved in these sightings. Only pure and clean virgin eyes of the world. In fact, if there had been any kind of influence, wheather drugs or alcohol, probably would have just had me hallucinating some kind of crazy unreal stories. Boy wouldn't that be a shame if these things hadn't of actually happened because of drugs or alcohol.

    Rick,

    My butt was in Arkansas when I saw these things. Maybe, just maybe, Arkansas is the drug. Maybe I should move to Virginia for rehab.

    Mark,

    Finally someone who believes in my sightings. I assure you though, the two headed cow was real. My eyes do not trust in optical illusions.
    BTW, thanks for the telling me the name of what I saw last. "The Flying Armadillo" I was thinking that it might have been something like, "eagledillo" or "Dragon Armoreagle" or something of that nature. Thanks.

     
  • At 11/07/2006, Blogger Jim said…

    You're just delusional over LSU!!!

    Go Tigers!!

     
  • At 11/11/2006, Blogger dean said…

    wow 7 comments! i got 7 comments on a post one time... because i took an idiotic picture of some steel beams in front of mcdonalds!

    i've blogged about all sorts of cool subjects, and i get 7 comments on a dopey picture (oh yeah, i also drew a red circle around the steel beams... maybe THAT was it!)

    well, i 've missed getting 7 comments for quite awhile now, so i'm either going to have to go take some more pictures of mcdonalds, or tell some stories, like how i have the power to make street lights go out just by driving past them....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home