Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Resume For The Afterlife (A two part series). Chapter 2: Dear John Letter

Dear John,
I received your application for the Kingdom of Heaven. Unfortunately you have been declined any position here in Heaven. I have watched you very closely from even before you were born, to every second of your life and beyond. Sadly, the one credential that you failed is the one and only reason why you cannot be accepted into my presence. Granted, you have lead a good life, you have always been a good and moral person. However, Your morals only reflect that of the world. I have given you a guide to read and study. If only you would of studied my living word, you would have read in James Chapter 4 verse 4, that anyone who chooses to be friends with the world becomes an enemy of God. I'm not saying that by being good is wrong. By all means, continue to do good things. But John, just by being good, and doing good things does not get you into the Kingdom of Heaven. I urge you, you still have time, take my living word, read it, study it, search it for the answer to everlasting life. The answers are there. I promise. However, if your time would end as of now, unfortunately I would have to tell you to depart from me, and that I never knew you. By saying this, it's not that I never knew you, in fact, I know each and every hair on your body, the bottom line is, you never knew me. I love you John, and I urge you to get to know me. Know who I am. Love me, worship me, trust me. Learn who my son Jesus Christ is. For He is the answer to Everlasting Life. He is the promise of Love, hope and faith. Turn this long distance relationship into a Holy and loving relationship. It is not my nature to see that you fail, I want to see you succeed and join me in my Kingdom. I could give you several scriptures to study, but I don't just want you to focus on those one and only scriptures, I want you to learn my word inside and out. For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Follow me John, to my Kingdom.

Sincerely,

The Lord God Almighty

1 Comments:

  • At 11/03/2006, Blogger Mark W. said…

    I suppose it's not our place to criticize God for not paragraphing appropriately. :)

    I enjoyed the message and the creativity. In reality, I'm quite sure that heaven will be no place for writing cover letters. That does, however, sound like something straight from the other place...writing cover letters for eternity and getting rejection letters for eternity...indeed, that's hell.

    Take care, and thanks for the insightful comments on my blog this week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home