Crazy Christian Life by Kevin

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY...WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SEASON ?

What is my favorite season of the year ? Or shall I say sporting event ? Is it the Superbowl ? The World Series ? Is it the First day of Deer Hunting ? Maybe I should have put that question in my quiz. Jim might not have made 100 if I did. Can you guess ?
The Hogs are going bowling on New Year's Day. Is the bowl season my favorite time of the year ? From the first kickoff to the final games, I love the season of football. Wheather I'm enjoying the fellowship of a football cookout, tailgating, party.... Wheather it's Pro football or college, or even high school. Reading and studying the pre-season magazines. Buying the Arkansas Hootens Magazine is more of a rush to me than when I was a kid opening a present that I've been wanting for months. I love going to or watching on tv ..... FOOTBALL..... More than any sport.... However, if I had the question of, "What is my favorite season of the year?" on my quiz, by knowing that football is my favorite sport, you would miss the answer. My favorite season of the year is, "March Madness" yes, even though I like football better than basketball, still, what gives me the biggest rush the most is "MARCH MADNESS" I don't know what it is..... I can watch any football game on tv or on the field and love it. It doesn't matter who's playing. I will watch it. I go to the local High School football games. I watch the college, pros, and even arena football. But when it comes to basketball, I never go to a high school game. I hate watching the pros. The only college team I seem to watch is Arkansas, and if I happen to miss a game, I'm not very broken up about it like I would be if I miss a Razorback Football game, even if it's only just on the radio.
But when March Madness begins, I'm just in a fantasy land of the ultimite sports high. Oh what I would give to have a March Madness vacation to New York City in the ESPN Zone and watch all of the games on all of their Tv's.
This past Saturday, I made a sacrifice to miss the first half of the SEC Championship game to go to church. Jeff... If you do that in March, I'm sending a hit man after you. When the SEC tourny begins, I want to be in front of the tube watching it. Not missing a game.. I actually get mad that I have to work during the early games on Thursday and Friday of the tournament. All jobs should cancel work all Thursday through Sunday during the month of March. We can make up our time during Baseball season. I hate baseball.

I certainly don't want to take away the fact that Arkansas is going to a New Year's Day bowl. The bowl season runs a close second behind March Madness. and with The Razorbacks in the mix up this year, it just makes it even more exciting !!!! It would be an incredible Christmas Present if someone sent me three Capital One Bowl tickets in the mail, with round trip airfare to Orlando, Florida. Along with Room and board at a very nice 5 star Hotel. Who out there has the Christmas spirit of Giving ? Anyone ??????

1 Comments:

  • At 12/07/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey kev,

    Just to get you more excited about March Madness. First and Second Rounds for 2008 are being held in Alabama, North Carolina, Florida and yes, I'm saying it, Little Rock Arkansas at Alltel Arena. Also the Final four for 2010 will be here in Indianapolis. It will be hard to get tickets, but I can always try and if I do, you are more than welcome to come up and see the action live.

    Of course, the last time you came up here for a game, your Dolphins beat my Colts and that just can't happen again

     

Post a Comment

<< Home